Come join the CoinMover team and grow with us. We're small and new but we have an amazing growth plan for the coming decade that is pretty rad. If interested in any jobs listed below, please send a message to email@example.com with an introduction letter and your resume. Most importantly, catch our attention!
Compensation, equity share, and all other benefits are negotiabe for the right candidate.
Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)
Thorough knowledge of the policies and procedures dictated by the United States Department of Justice Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) as it relates to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) rules and regulations. This is the primary requirement and there are no exceptions.
The holder of this position is responsible for developing and implementing an effective compliance and internal audit infrastructure for CoinMover. This includes managing resources; writing policies; preparing and monitoring annual budgets for the compliance and internal audit programs; recruiting, directing, supervising and counseling professional staff; and reviewing and analyzing organizational compliance with internal controls established by CoinMover and external requirements as established state and federal laws and regulations.
- Responsible for ownership and oversight of CoinMover’s Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance programs.
- Establish, maintain and revise compliance policies and procedures reasonably capable of preventing unethical, illegal, or other conduct as defined by FinCEN and its associated government regulations.
- Implement a transaction monitoring program that will identify transactions requiring Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) and Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) required to be filed with FinCEN.
- Communicate compliance standards and procedures to all employees, with an emphasis on training and the dissemination of training materials.
- Conduct an annual review and certification of all programs along with yearly compliance training for all CoinMover staff.
- Take all reasonable steps to achieve compliance through monitoring, auditing, and implementing additional control systems designed to detect unethical, illegal, or other conduct as dictated by state and federal government regulations.
- Perform immediate corrective action when unethical, illegal, or other conduct not in compliance with policies and regulations has been identified.
- Periodically report on compliance matters and prepare reports for the Board of Directors, Chief Legal Counsel, and Chief Executive Officer as requested.
- Keep abreast of federal and state regulatory and legislative issues relating to the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry as it pertains to finance, money transmission statutes, and overall industry trends.
- Take all appropriate action to address compliance related issues with all third-party organizations that do business with CoinMover.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- Advanced degree in law, business, and/or financial services is of course preferred, but not a requirement at all.
- Real world experience with FinCEN guidance, government audits, and filing CTRs/SARs are weighted far more than a piece of paper.
- Knowledge of next generation blockchain technology and overall cryptocurrency industry is a primary need and highly desirable
- Personal certification of all policies and programs to state and federal regulators on an annual basis is required.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and communication abilities with skillful diplomacy and the ability to influence and persuade others.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and effectively, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and adhere to work deadlines.
While our ATM infrastructure and management software provide detailed logs, complete transaction history, and other associated reports, any technical background writing SQL queries for direct data analysis is extremely helpful for this position.